Bitcoin Cash Node Release Process
- Check features planned for the release are implemented and documented (or more informally, that the Release Manager agrees it is feature complete)
- Check that finished tasks / tickets are marked as resolved
Verify tests passed
- Any known issues or limitations should be documented in release notes
- Known bugs should have tickets
arc lint --everythingand check there is no linter error
- Ensure that bitcoind and bitcoin-qt run with no issue on all supported platforms. Manually test bitcoin-qt by sending some transactions and navigating through the menus.
Update the documents / code which needs to be updated every release
- Check that release-notes.md is complete, and fill in any missing items.
- Update bips.md to account for changes since the last release.
- (major releases) Update
BLOCK_CHAIN_SIZEto the current size plus some overhead.
- Regenerate manpages (run
contrib/devtools/gen-manpages.sh, or for out-of-tree builds run
- Update seeds as per contrib/seeds/README.md.
src/chainparams.cppm_assumed_blockchain_size and m_assumed_chain_state_size with the current size plus some overhead.
Add git tag for release a. Create the tag:
git tag vM.m.r(M = major version, m = minor version, r = revision) b. Push the tag to GitLab:
git push <gitlab remote> master git push <gitlab remote> vM.m.r
Increment version number for the next release in:
doc/release-notes.md(and copy existing one to versioned
contrib/seeds/makeseeds.py(only after a new major release)
Create Gitian Builds (see gitian-building.md)
Verify matching Gitian Builds, gather signatures
Verify IBD bith with and without
Upload Gitian Builds to bitcoincashnode.org
Create a release on our GitHub mirror:
contrib/release/github-release.sh -a <path to release binaries> -t <release tag> -o <file containing your Github OAuth token>
Notify maintainers of AUR and Docker images to build their packages. They should be given 1-day advance notice if possible.
Update version number on www.bitcoincashnode.org
Publish signed checksums (various places, e.g. blog, reddit, etc. etc.)
- Twitter @bitcoincashnode
- Public slack channels friendly to Bitcoin Cash Node announcements