Bitcoin version 0.6.2 is now available for download at: http://sourceforge.net/projects/bitcoin/files/Bitcoin/bitcoin-0.6.2/
This is a bug-fix and code-cleanup release, with no major new features.
Please report bugs using the github issue tracker at: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues
Much faster shutdowns. However, the blkindex.dat file is no longer portable to different data directories by default. If you need a portable blkindex.dat file then run with the new -detachdb=1 option or the "Detach databases at shutdown" GUI preference.
Fixed https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/1065, a bug that could cause long-running nodes to crash.
Mac and Windows binaries are compiled against OpenSSL 1.0.1b (Linux binaries are dynamically linked to the version of OpenSSL on the system).
Use 'git shortlog --no-merges v0.6.0..' for a summary of this release.
Source codebase changes
- Many source code cleanups and warnings fixes. Close to building with -Wall
- Locking overhaul, and several minor locking fixes
- Several source code portability fixes, e.g. FreeBSD
JSON-RPC interface changes
- addmultisigaddress enabled for mainnet (previously only enabled for testnet)
Network protocol changes
- protocol version 60001
- added nonce value to "ping" message (BIP 31)
- added new "pong" message (BIP 31)
Backend storage changes
- Less redundant database flushing, especially during initial block download
- Shutdown improvements (see above)
Qt user interface
- minor URI handling improvements
- progressbar improvements
- error handling improvements (show message box rather than console exception, etc.)
- by popular request, make 4th bar of connection icon green