Bitcoin version 0.5.2 is now available for download at: http://sourceforge.net/projects/bitcoin/files/Bitcoin/bitcoin-0.5.2/
This is a bugfix-only release based on 0.5.1.
Please report bugs using the issue tracker at github: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues
Stable source code is hosted at Gitorious: http://gitorious.org/bitcoin/bitcoind-stable/archive-tarball/v0.5.2#.tar.gz
- Check all transactions in blocks after the last checkpoint (0.5.0 and 0.5.1 skipped checking ECDSA signatures during initial blockchain download).
- Cease locking memory used by non-sensitive information (this caused a huge performance hit on some platforms, especially noticable during initial blockchain download; this was not a security vulnerability).
- Fixed some address-handling deadlocks (client freezes).
- No longer accept inbound connections over the internet when Bitcoin is being used with Tor (identity leak).
- Re-enable SSL support for the JSON-RPC interface (it was unintentionally disabled for the 0.5.0 and 0.5.1 release Linux binaries).
- Use the correct base transaction fee of 0.0005 BTC for accepting transactions into mined blocks (since 0.4.0, it was incorrectly accepting 0.0001 BTC which was only meant to be relayed).
- Don't show "IP" for transactions which are not necessarily IP transactions.
- Add new DNS seeds (maintained by Pieter Wuille and Luke Dashjr).