Bitcoin version 0.5.4 is now available for download at: http://sourceforge.net/projects/bitcoin/files/Bitcoin/bitcoin-0.5.4/
NOTE: 0.5.4rc3 is being renamed to 0.5.4 final with no changes.
This is a bugfix-only release in the 0.5.x series, plus a few protocol updates.
Please report bugs using the issue tracker at github: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues
Stable source code is hosted at Gitorious: http://gitorious.org/bitcoin/bitcoind-stable/archive-tarball/v0.5.4#.tar.gz
- BIP 16: Special-case "pay to script hash" logic to enable minimal validation of new transactions.
- Support for validating message signatures produced with compressed public keys.
- Build with thread-safe MingW libraries for Windows, fixing a dangerous memory corruption scenario when exceptions are thrown.
- Fix broken testnet mining.
- Stop excess inventory relay during initial block download.
- When disconnecting a node, clear the received buffer so that we do not process any already received messages.
- Yet another attempt at implementing "minimize to tray" that works on all operating systems.
- Fix Bitcoin-Qt notifications under Growl 1.3.
- Increase required age of Bitcoin-Qt's "not up to date" status from 30 to 90 minutes.
- Implemented missing verifications that led to crash on entering some wrong passphrases for encrypted wallets.
- Fix default filename suffixes in GNOME save dialog.
- Make the "Send coins" tab use the configured unit type, even on the first attempt.
- Print detailed wallet loading errors to debug.log when it is corrupt.
- Allocate exactly the amount of space needed for signing transactions, instead of a fixed 10k buffer.
- Workaround for improbable memory access violation.
- Check wallet's minimum version before trying to load it.
- Remove wxBitcoin properly when installing Bitcoin-Qt over it. (Windows)
- Detail reorganization information better in debug log.
- Use a messagebox to display the error when -server is provided without configuring a RPC password.
- Testing suite build now honours provided CXXFLAGS.
- Removed an extraneous line-break in mature transaction tooltips.
- Fix some grammatical errors in translation process documentation.