Currently supported Bitcoin Cash upgrades
This page lists the Bitcoin Cash upgrade proposals that have currently been implemented in Bitcoin Cash Node, along with their implementation status. Note that the Bitcoin Cash Node project co-publishes the specifications of all Bitcoin Cash upgrades through a separate repository.
For implementation status of Bitcoin (Core) proposals in Bitcoin Cash Node, see BIPs.
- August 1st 2017 (UAHF) upgrade implementation completed in v0.14.5:
- REQ-1: The fork is enabled by default as of v0.14.1 (D221).
- REQ-2: Activation time can be configured with the
-uahfstarttimeoption (D221) and the
setuahfstarttimeRPC command (D243) as of v0.14.1.
- REQ-3: Fork block must be >1MB as of v0.14.1 (D200).
- REQ-4-1: Block size limit increases to 8MB by default (D207) and this must be set >1MB (D240), as of v0.14.1.
- REQ-4-2: Generated block size limit increases to 2MB by default (D207) and this must be set >1MB (D240), as of v0.14.1.
- REQ-5: Block SigOps limit relaxes (D127) while transaction size limit (D8) and transaction SigOps limit (D129) remain, as of v0.14.1.
- REQ-6-1: Magic OP_RETURN value temporarily becomes disallowed as of v0.14.1 (D148, D281).
- REQ-6-2: SIGHASH_FORKID becomes mandatory as of v0.14.5 (D371).
- REQ-6-3: Replay-protected sighash format becomes allowed as of v0.14.1 (D68).
- REQ-6-4: STRICTENC enforcement begins as of v0.14.5 (D371).
- REQ-7: Effective immediately, Emergency Difficulty Adjustment is enabled as of v0.14.2 (D298).
- REQ-DISABLE: The possibility to disable the fork by setting activation time to zero is not implemented.
- OPT-SERVICEBIT: The
NODE_BITCOIN_CASHservice bit is set as of v0.14.5 (D366).
- November 13th 2017 (Cash Hard Fork) upgrade implementation completed in v0.16.0:
- May 15th 2018 (Monolith) upgrade implementation completed in v0.17.0:
- November 15th 2018 (Magnetic Anomaly) upgrade implementation completed in v0.18.0:
- Topological transaction order is replaced with canonical transaction order as of v0.18.0 (D1529).
- OP_CHECKDATASIG and OP_CHECKDATASIGVERIFY are added as of v0.18.0 (D1625, D1646, D1653).
- Minimum transaction size is enforced as of v0.18.0 (D1611).
- SIGPUSHONLY enforcement begins as of v0.18.0 (D1623).
- CLEANSTACK enforcement begins as of v0.18.0 (D1647).
- Automatic Replay Protection has been rescheduled to May 15th 2019 in v0.18.0 (D1612).
- May 15th 2019 (Great Wall) upgrade implementation completed in v0.19.0:
- November 15th 2019 (Graviton) upgrade implementation completed in v0.20.0:
- May 15th 2020 (Phonon) upgrade implementation completed in v0.21.0:
- The SigOps system is replaced with the new SigChecks system as of v0.21.0 (D5029, D5179).
- OP_REVERSEBYTES is added as of v0.21.0 (D5283).
- Default in-mempool ancestors/descendants limits increase as of v0.21.0 (D5244).
- Automatic Replay Protection has been rescheduled to November 15th 2020 in v0.21.0 (D5253).
- November 15th 2020 (Axion) upgrade implementation completed in v22.0.0:
- CashAddr: The address format for Bitcoin Cash is implemented as of v0.16.2, with
bitcoin-txsupport completed in v0.21.2 (MR!274, MR!275). The preferred address format can be selected with the
- JSON-RPC: Bitcoin Cash Node is compatible with the JSON-RPC specification, but the JSON-RPC functionality has significantly improved since. See our JSON-RPC API documentation for an up-to-date overview of what is available in Bitcoin Cash Node.
- Block format: Bitcoin Cash Node is compatible with the block data structure specification, albeit the transaction order has changed since the November 15th 2018 network upgrade.
- Transaction format: Bitcoin Cash Node is compatible with the transaction data structure specification.